Saturday, June 22, 2013

Canning Plums

As of last November I have been staying with my baby sister on her little farm. Other than being 40 mins away from my husband I have loved it. Well I guess this year is the first year since she bought her house that her plum tree has really produced and when I say produced I mean the branches look like they are going to break... So we are canning them as they come off the tree to save for later in the year.

1. Rinse and cut off the pit




 2. Firm pack Fruit in Jar of Choice


 3. Make a simple syrup by combinding 2cups water with 1 cup sugar in a pot 


4. Bring to a boil until all sugar is dissolved and the mixture is clear



 5. Pour simple syrup into each jar.


6. Use a knife to remove any air from inside jars 



7. Clean the tops of each jar with a clean towel


 8. Prepare the lids according to box


9. Place lid and ring on and hand tighten


10. Place into a pot with water that is at least 1in over the top of the jars 
and bring to boil. Boil for 15 mins. Remove jars and allow to cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment